Maid to Shine takes our mission statement and values very seriously. We are a Christ centered business and because of this we take our values from our Father’s book of love. God made all of us to shine, so we want to shine for him. We know that we are not perfect but we believe we are an excellent business because of these principals. We strive to meet these areas in order to be better servants to God, our clients, and our team members.
Maid To Shine is a Christ centered business that gives PEACE to its clients by providing custom residential house cleaning so that they can reclaim their valuable time and rejuvenate their minds, bodies, and spirits.
1. Be Quiet – Maid to Shine listens to our clients and we listen to each other. The value of being quiet is a large factor in creating our no gossip policy. You can not listen if you are hurting someone else with gossip. “Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.” James 1:19 (NLT)
2. Be Kind – If anything to be done can not be described as “kind” it is not worth doing. Everything we want to do should be kind to others. “The Lord is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness.” Psalms 145:17 (NLT)
3. Be Humble – Comparing ourselves to others will either breed pride or insecurity. We love people for who they are and we love ourselves for who we are. “About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, ‘Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?’Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. Then he said, ‘I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.'” Matthew 18:1-4 (NLT)
4. Be Disciplined – We will be the best at what we do because we strive to learn and grow. This can only be achieved through discipline. “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (ESV)
5. Be Forgiving – Because we all mess up, we must all forgive one another. This does not mean that there are not consequences, it means there is not a grunge held against others. “Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, ‘Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?’ ‘No, Lord,’ she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.'” John 8:10-11 (NLT)
6. Be Encouraging – We all need a pick me up, and we want to lift up people. We want to encourage people and we know It is not encouragement until it is told. We strive to encourage people often. “Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.” 1 Thessalonians 5:14 (NLT)
7. Be Above Reproach – This does not mean we are perfect, however we do our best to walk within Gods morals. “I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there. You know I have done all this with good motives, and I have watched your people offer their gifts willingly and joyously.” 1 Chronicles 29:17 (NLT)
8. Be Pure – Our thoughts and actions are accountable to God. We strive to keep honorable and kind thoughts and actions to our clients and to each other. “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” Philippians 4:8 (NLT)
9. Be Wise – All of our actions are thought about and prayed over. We want to make the best decisions for our clients and our staff, that is why we plan our business decisions instead of reacting to them. We also ask all of our staff to think about their actions. This is one of the reasons why our hiring process takes about a month.”Whoever walks with the wise will become wise; whoever walks with fools will suffer harm.” Proverbs 13:20 (NLT)
10. Be Generous – Within the confines of being humble, we would like to share that generosity is a key part of Maid to Shine. Besides doing our own monetary and time donations, we encourage our team members to give their own time and money to ministries they respect. Our business wants to share with the people we hire, therefore we know it is right to pay people a percentage of what Maid to Shine makes and to make sure that amount is a good living wage. “And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35 (NLT)