With limited time, sometimes it’s hard to know how to get the most out of cleaning our homes. Busy schedules don’t make it any easier. But we’ve found that the best way to get the most out of a cleaning is to make it as efficient as possible. The more structured and efficient the cleaning, the more effective the final results.
And the best part of effective results? Your home will be the cleanest it can be with minimal time and frustration! Here’s a few steps you can take to be sure your home is efficiently cleaned every time!
Efficient Cleaning Hacks
* Clean Your Home Properly: it might seem easier (at first) to just clean any which way, but the more properly you clean the first time, the easier it will be to clean it the next time. Think of it as a snowball effect in your favour! The more thorough you clean the first time, the more build up that gets taken away, the easier it is to clean the next time around.
* Bring Your Tools with You: this is the best advice for those with little time. Every time you clean, make it a habit to bring all of your tools with you as you clean your home and move from room to room. You won’t have to waste extra time on going back for anything you might have forgotten.
* Clean the Entire Home: not just one room, or a handful of rooms. It might not be possible every time, but striving to clean the entire home can be helpful for future cleanings. It also helps the flow of the cleaning process. Everything is cleaned, nothing has been missed, and nothing in the home has to be “caught up to speed” with the rest of the house.
* Dust All Surfaces & Spot Clean When Needed: not only should you hit every surface with a good, thorough cleaning; but it’s also a good idea to spot clean as you dust! Spot cleaning gets up any splashes, drips, or build up there might be on your doors, furniture, light switches, appliances, and other objects that are routinely touched with frequency.
* Use as Many Clean Rags as Required: don’t hold back on the number of rags you’re using to wipe down surfaces. Each rag you use picks up a certain number of bacteria and dirt, and using it on other surfaces can spread the grime. The best way to prevent this spread is to use clean rags when needed.
Next week, we’ll take a look at several more tips that can help you get the most out of your home cleaning!